One of our missions at Belt-Tech is to lead the industry with innovative high performance and high quality products, made to measure to answer the customers and market needs, at competitive prices.
At Belt-Tech, a technical and highly specialized team is dedicated to the research and development (R&D) of high quality new products and technologies for the automotive and industrial sectors as well as other diversified markets.
These new products and technologies are developed in view of meeting our customers needs, actual or future, and to conform to the strict performance and quality requirements. In order to do so, the Belt-Tech R&D team is constantly on the look-out for customers/markets new trends and needs, and is backed up by an extensive technical expert network, covering raw materials (yarns, dyes and finishing products), equipment and lab.
Belt-Tech also uses high quality raw materials and its production and laboratory equipment is the latest in technology, in order to produce any type of high performance webbing with advanced techniques in weaving, dyeing and finishing, thus meeting the customer/market’s needs.
The art of dyeing and reproducing color
We use computerized spectrophotometer analyses for color matching. This advanced technology measures and identifies a color’s components and specific wavelength. This allows us to consistently reproduce color batch after batch.
Our quality and inspection personnel who are responsible for color analysis and assessment, have been trained and are periodically re-certified to ensure they have the required perception of color and the ability to make the necessary color evaluations.
We offer a wide range of specialty dyeing including fluorescent colors and custom color combinations. Company logos and other printing are also available. Our state-of-the-art finishing equipment allows us to supply evenly dyed solid colors on both nylon and polyester.
Our products are also conveniently available in their natural “white” color (greige or natural state of the raw yarn used in the manufacture of the webbing) for your webbing application requirements.
Wishing to increase the customers satisfaction, Belt-Tech is constantly searching for new means of improvement. As a member of the American Society for Quality and of the Mouvement Québecois de la Qualité, we keep abreast of the new trends in quality and with the industry. The Belt-Tech continuous improvement approach includes the following programs:
- ISO 9001:2000 and ISO/TS 16949: 2002 certification : We were one of the first companies in North America to obtain our quality management system certification to this new ISO/TS 16949:2002 standard, based on the ISO9001:2000 standard. The scope of this homologation covers the production of narrow webbing: seat belts and air bags components used in automobiles as well as webbing products for various industrial applications.
- ISO/TS 16949:2002 is a quality system standard for the automotive industry; it embodies the following requirements: VDA 6.1 (Germany), AVSQ (Italy), EAQF (France) and QC-9000 (North America). This standard was issued by IATF (International Automotive Task Force) and JAMA (Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association) in cooperation with the ISO/TC 176 Committee.
- The process approach we endorsed in compliance with ISO/TS 16949:2002 is focused on our customers needs. This enables us to improve the quality both of the products and of the processes and to better understand the requirements for quality.
- The ISO/TS 16949 standard is acknowledged by automotive companies, members of the IATF including BMW, Daimler-Chrysler, Fiat, Ford, GM, Renault, Peugeot-Citroën, Volkswagen and many more.
The following principles will help us achieve our mission and reach our goals:
- We are first responsible to our customers. Quality shall be the core of all our activities.
- Special care will be given to everyone’s health and safety.
- All information will be made available to the persons who can best take the appropriate action.
- We encourage innovation and creativity along with the set-up of a work environment that will enable our employees to learn and develop new skills.
- We shall eliminate barriers between departments, occupations, levels and positions and will promote the implementation of multidisciplinary and competent teams.
- We shall maintain an open and continuous communication with our customers and suppliers. Conformance to the requirements shall be the essence of our alliance.
- We will strive for the highest ethics level in our internal and external relationships. Our employees will be proud of the company’s management as well as of its achievements.
- Quality Improvement Groups : The teams of the Quality Improvement Groups include management personnel and employees who search for means to improve the quality performance in each department. The Groups use various implements to solve problems such as analysis of the root causes, brainstorming, problem solving process and many creativity techniques.
- Lean Manufacturing : Belt-Tech adhers to the Lean manufacturing principle. This lean approach aims at improving the material flow and reducing the process losses. Seven major loss types can be reduced: overproduction, forwarding, process, inventory, flow, correction and delay. Many production units have already been implemented.
- Kaizen : Kaizen projects are implemented for profitable operations. The Kaizen activities allows the introduction of improvements resulting from continuous efforts. Belt-Tech developed projects to reduce the machine start-up delay and to improve and standardize the work methods.
- 5S : All our departments apply the 5S principle. This tool is based on the following 5 Japanese principles: Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu, Shitsuke. In English these would translate into Segregate and discard, Arrange and identify, Clean and inspect, Revisit frequently, Motivate to sustain. The objective of this program is to achieve a clean, tidy, orderly work environment in order to increase efficiency and reduce unproductive activities.